What you will do:
Content distributors (like Global Distribution - ITV Studios), get content (TV series, dramas, documentaries etc) onto TV screens and other streaming platforms like Amazon, BritBox or Netflix.
Sales Executives manage sales of Global Distribution content in assigned territories / countries. A key part of the role is to build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients (including various broadcasters and streaming platforms), pitch new content, negotiate deal terms, develop and maintain expert knowledge of the market and wider industry.
Global Distribution, ITV Studios is one of the UK’s biggest global, TV distribution companies. We represent content from some of the most prestigious and award winning producers from both the UK and Internationally.
As a Sales Trainee at Global Distribution you will get first hand knowledge of the sales process for ITV’s content catalogue (including structure of sales agreements, how distribution opportunities are identified, sales forecasting, what makes a strong account/client relationship as well as an understanding the promotional route to market for content).
What you need to be a Sales Trainee at ITV Global Distribution:
● Good organisational skills
● Proactive - eager to learn and get involved
● Positive can do attitude
● Resilience to overcome challenges
● Teamwork - ability to build great working relationships
● Passion for great content and an interest in media distribution
Throughout the training we will help you develop the following skills to gain entry level work:
● Research skills
● Planning and organisation
● Pitching ideas and
● Time management skills
● Interpersonal and communication skills
● Admin and compliance
● Workplace etiquette
● Understanding of media production and distribution, platform and distribution
● Understanding what a distribution business is and how it contributes to ITV’s success.
Find out more about ITV Global Distribution here.