Applications are open and will close on Monday 22nd March 2021, 11:59pm.
Calling all young creatives with a passion for compelling content creation and a deep desire for a career in digital media. Our FREE 8-week training programme will grant you instant industry access while teaching you how to excel in digital production across multiple-platforms. You will master the tools and techniques required to succeed in a ‘real life’ collaborative and fast paced environment.
Our unique training model provides practical hands-on experience in digital media content creation while working within a production company. Participants will complete the course with a working knowledge of the multi-disciplinary skills required for employment in the industry, before embarking on a further 2 weeks work placement with one of our industry partners, such as Sky, BBC, Banijay, Channel 4, Warner Bros Entertainment, NEP, ViacomCBS, Fremantle, Hat Trick and many more.
The Skills you will gain:
● End to end digital media content creation for Licklemor Productions (https://www.licklemorproductions.com) and MAMA Youth Project (www.mamayouthproject.org.uk) social media platforms, which includes developing
ideas, self shooting, text and video editing.
● How to publish and distribute content, as well as monitor analytics to engage and grow an audience.
● Successful candidates will also gain production etiquette, fundamental work ethics, CV tailoring, interview techniques, career mentorship and peer networking.
Who is it for:
To be eligible to apply you must be between the ages of 18-25 years and living in the boroughs of Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Kensington & Chelsea and the Cities of London and Westminster ONLY. Applicants must not be in full time / part time education (this includes taking a gap year) or in employment if accepted onto the training. You must be living in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. It is primarily aimed at individuals from under-represented or challenging backgrounds and those with limited educational or employment opportunities, including unemployed graduates.
The training will last for 6 weeks followed by a 2 week work placement at a partner company. 8 weeks in total. Training will be Monday - Friday. Participants who successfully complete will also gain 6 months of follow-up career support.
Costs & Financial Support:
The training is free. Travel and lunch expenses will be covered.
The training is due to take place at Sky Osterley Campus, TW7 5QD, restrictions permitting. We will be working in line with government COVID-19 health and safety procedures and where possible, some sessions may take place remotely utilising Zoom and other platforms.
Application Deadline: Monday 22nd March 2021, 11:59pm.
Interviews: will take place from 12th-23rd April 2021. Interviews will take place via Zoom.
Training Dates: 4th May - 25th June 2021.
How To Apply:
1. Download the application form below.
*If you are an ex-offender, please email us and request a referral form which must be completed along with your application - email@example.com
2. Complete online survey via: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DMT-R1-2021 - You must complete this survey for your application to be considered.
3. Email completed application form and CV (if you have one) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with DIGITAL MEDIA 2021 Application in the email subject line.
4. Return your completed application form as a PDF or Word Doc attachment by Monday 22nd March 2021, 11:59pm. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. If you are using a Apple product, please do not send us a .PAGES format file. You can export these documents as a PDF instead. Please do not share as Outlook files either.
Take a look at some of the work produced by previous Digital Media training teams.